Dr. G. S. Kochar
Sr. Consultant (Dept. of Urology)
40+ Years of experience
Book appointment call
Dr. Gurinder Singh Kochhar is a renowned Urologist having experience of more than 40 years. His field of specialization is Urological cancer Surgery especially surgery for Prostate Cancer & Bladder cancer and he has the largest experience in Diode Laser surgery of Prostate, which is the most bloodless surgery for benign enlargement of prostate, introduced as recently as February 2009
He is qualified as M. Ch. Urologist surgeon in 1983 from the ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE and was awarded the Diplomat of the National Board of Urology in 1984 by the National Academy of Medical Sciences. He is Founder Director of the Lions Kidney Hospital & Urology Research Institute.
He is a Member of the Delhi Urological Society,Urological Society of India,and American Urological Association and has presented several papers in Urology Conferences in India and abroad.
Exclusive practice of Urological Surgery for more than 40 Years, since 1981.
1. Sr. Consultant Urology & Oncology Delhi Urological Center, March 1995 to Date.
2. Visiting Urologist to EHIRC & NHI, 1992 to Date.
3. Sr. Consultant Urology & Endourology Lions Kidney Hospital, April 2004 to June 2018
4. Sr. Consultant Urology & Endourology Holy Family Hospital, Feb 1989-Aug 2010
5. Sr.Consultant Urologist,Sitaram Bhartia Institute, 1995-1997.
6. Chief Consult Urologist,GM Modi Hospital, 1992-1995.
7. Consultant Urological Surgeon, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, October 1984-1988.
8. Senior Resident in Urologic Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) July 1978-June 1981.
9. Rotating Internship at the A.I.I.M.S Hospital July 1977 to June 1978
10. Clinical Training at the A.I.I.M.S Hospital as a Medical Student January 1974 to June 1977.
Membership and Awards
1. Member Delhi Urology Society(DUS).
2. Member Urological Society of India.(USI)
3. Member American Urological Association(AUA)
4. Several Awards at conferences attended in India and abroad.
Areas of Special Expertise:
1. Bloodless and incision less endoscopic surgical removal of all sizes of benign adenoma of the prostate,upto 250 gms.
2. Endoscopic correction of vesicoureteral reflux in children and adults,using Teflon, macroplastique and deflux particles.
3. Percutaneous removal of all sizes of renal and ureteric stones,using latest equipment and miniature scopes and incisions.
4. Laparoscopic ablative surgeries for kidney tumours and nephron saving surgeries for small and medium renal masses.